QuickBooks file doctor is used to detect and fix the issues in the QuickBooks desktop.it is also very important for troubleshooting QuickBooks network issues. file doctor can be used in the case when you having a problem in opening any company file or when you observe the data damaged. the main feature of QB file doctor is that it is a handy gadget n case you experiencing the problem itself.
Procedure to install QuickBooks file doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is related to quickbooks tool hub so you can download file doctor from Quickbooks tool hub.you can also download QB file doctor from the direct source link from google.
- First, download the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Quickbooks tool Hub is used for fixing some common errors.
- Download the latest patched version of QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Open the file that you have downloaded from the Quickbooks tools hub.
- You will see some conditions and read them carefully.
- Agree to the terms and conditions for further process.
- Tap on install. It will take a few minutes to install.
- Once your installation is done an icon will be there on your desktop.
- Double-tap on this icon to launch.
QB file doctor is of two types
- Quickbooks stand alone version
- Built in file doctor tool (QB 2016 or later)
Note: QuickBooks stand alone version is only used when the Quickbooks database server manager is installed for hosting purposes only.
Cons of use of QuickBooks file doctor
- A high range network is needed to download the QuickBooks file doctor for manual repair.
- Your company file should always be upto 2 GB
- You need to run your system on an administrator account.
- You have to allow QB file doctor on by default.
Pros of QB file doctor
- It helps in resolving the damaged file issue.
- It assists in opening the company file.
- It is used to resolve network issues.
- Resolve issue occurs during the update of QuickBooks update.
Procedure to use QuickBooks file doctor
- Open Quickbooks and then open your company file.
- Click on the File menu here select the utility option and choose repair file to start QB file doctor.
- Select the issue you are having with your company file or network issues option.
- Log in to your administrator account and click Next.
- Now QuickBooks file doctor will start repairing your problem or error and it will take some time. Wait for it to be completed.
- Once the repair process is completed restart QuickBooks desktop and opens the same company file to see your issues are solved.